Home » , » CapitaLand - Creating More Opportunities

CapitaLand - Creating More Opportunities

Shared By Stock Fanatic on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 | 24.6.15

The sale of 30% stake of PWC Building by CapitaLand to DBS Group values the office building at SGD1,406 psf. We maintain our BUY recommendation on CapitaLand with an unchanged TP of SGD4.20. We think the divestment is mainly to unlock value and recycle its capital into higher yielding projects. There will be no material impact on our RNAV estimates given that the office building constitute only a small portion of the company’s overall portfolio.

What happened? 
CapitaLand (CAPL SP, BUY, TP: SGD4.20) announced its intention to divest its 30% stake of PWC Building for a consideration of SGD150m, which translates to SGD1,405 psf. The transaction will take place with DBS Group (DBS SP, BUY, TP: SGD23.30), which owns the remaining 70% stake of the office building. PWC Building is a 99 year leasehold office building at Cross Street, with PricewaterhouseCoopers as its anchor tenant.

Unlocking value to achieve its full potential
We think that this is part of the company’s core strategy to unlock value from its older assets and recycle its capital into higher yielding projects such as developing properties in emerging markets. We note that the divestment of PWC Building will not have any material impact to our target price. Based on our RNAV estimates, the building is valued at SGD127m. The ensuing SGD23m surplus is not material as CapitaLand requires a surplus of SGD43m to increase its RNAV by 1 SG-ct.

Technical Analysis
Daily Chart
Why is this still our TOP Pick within the Singapore property sector? 
Given that the local property scene will remain sluggish in the near to mid-term, we favour property counters with high exposure to the overseas market. As for CapitaLand, we like the fact that 94% of its China exposure by value is in Tier 1-2 cities, which limits downside risks. We are keeping our eyes on more synergistic benefits related to its “One CapitaLand” strategy – with a single listed developer integrated across asset classes, delivering a sustainable ROE of 8-12%. Management reiterated that it will achieve this via having 25% trading properties and 75% investment properties in allocated assets. Reiterate BUY, with an unchanged TP of SGD4.20. (Read Report)

Read Related Reports
CapitaLand - Sells stake in PWC Building to DBS Group
Thursday, 25 June 2015
- DBS Group Research
The Realty Singapore - CapitaLand sells 30% stake in PWC Building
Tuesday, 23 June 2015
- Deutsche Bank Markets Research

Source : RHB Research

Posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 | 24.6.15
With No comments

Join Me On: Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus ::: Thank you for visiting ! :::
Some of the photos shown in this blog are randomly sourced from the Public Domain. If there is an infringement in the copyright of the photos; kindly inform us and it will be removed immediately. Thank you for your kind understanding.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Modified by : Stockfanatic
Copyright © 2008 - 2018. Singapore Stock Market News - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Related Posts with Thumbnails